I am starting this forum to get a dialog going around the coming together of Software-as-a-Service, Virtualization and Open Source and how they apply to Document Management Systems. I will also discuss what size of businesses and what industry segments can most benefit from this emerging trend.
My company LinearCube is a provider of Open Source Software-as-a-Service based Document Management System. I will share some of my experience as we go to market and learn what the customers are asking for.
Some of the areas that I will address in coming weeks are:
- Factors affecting adoption of Hosted/SaaS Document Management System
- Horizontal Document Management System vs. Industry specific solutions (we are currently going to the market with a Hosted Legal Document Management Solution)
- Document management system as a platform
- What add-on applications are most suited to go along with “out of the box” Document Management System
- On Premise Document Management System vs. Hosted Document Management System – Benefits/Challenges
- Difference between Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Backup
- How can Document Management systems be thought of as Business Productivity Applications
- What features of Document Management System apply to what Industry Verticals
So stay tuned as I go through my thoughts on these and other timely issues in this blog.